MacroPlan has been commissioned by the NSW Planning and Infrastructure to undertake a residential submarket analysis for the Mid North Coast. Our work will assist in the preparation of the new Regional Growth Plan (RGP) for the region. The primary objective of our analysis is to provide an evidence based assessment to inform policy decisions pertaining to land release and housing format/needs. We will assess current residential construction, pricing and housing trends at both a submarket and Local Government Area (LGA) level to inform the project.
Some of the key drivers of housing need for the region will reflect:
- The continued pronounced population growth in persons aged 65+
- The growth in lone person households
- Inward and outward migration trends
- The availability of jobs and employment prospects
- Major infrastructure investments.
NSW Planning and Infrastructure’s commitment to the proper planning and development of regional NSW will continue through its announced roll-out of further regional studies and Strategic Impact Assessments across the state.