Project Name: Oriental Grand Holdings - Belmont Park 2031 Submission Client: Oriental Grand Holdings Belmont Park
Location: Bemont Park, Western Australia
Project Description: MacroPlan was engaged to prepare a submission in relation to the role, function, size and benefits of an activity centre development at the Belmont Park racecourse site ("subject site") that addresses:
- Central Metropolitan Perth Sub-regional Strategy draft report; and
- The Burswood Peninsula Draft District Framework.
This submission is timely as it considers the role and function of the subject site in light of the recently released Activity Centres for Perth and Peel (August 2010), which encourages:
- Accessibility to employment and services;
- Achievement of "transit oriented development principles", and integration of development with the transport network;
- Higher density residential outcomes; and
- Creating a sense of place.
A key component of this study is the discussion of the subject site within the context of the following policy documents:
- Directions 2031 and Beyond (August 2010);
- Central Metropolitan Perth Sub-regional Strategy (August 2010);
- Activity Centres for Perth and Peel (August 2010); and
- Burswood Peninsula Draft District Framework (May 2010).